CNC Machine Operator
Woodbridge, ON · Manufacturing
Setup and operate CNC Turning machines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup of machines through use of proper tools, and the most efficient technique. Align
vises, fixtures with indicator to be parallel or square to reference surface. Indicate
position of the fixture and parts. Set axis to correct position by using the right numeric
code. Load and unload the program.
- Participate in the update and maintenance of setup sheets for all parts through the
- Operate machine with proper guarding in place, ensure guards are replaced after
- Report any damaged guarding, tool holders, tools etc
- Monitor oil levels of machine, seep machine and tools in good condition.
- Ensure all part dimensions are within tolerance.
- Change and modify programs where applicable.
- Change tool length and diameter offsets, fixture and pallet offsets.
- Modify cutting and grinding tools as required, and use proper feed and speed for
- Keep production running; deburr and prep parts for loading, or clean parts to reload.
- Check parts, deburr, tapping, counter boring and cleaning up tool holders from the
- Prepare tools and fixtures for next job, get new tools, use regrind tools as required.
- Plan ahead when special tools are required.
- Follow Health and Safety procedures and practice safe work habits, industrial hygiene
and good housekeeping around benches and machines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement via new tooling, setup reduction concepts,
and programming changes to improve cost and delivery.
- Participate in root cause and corrective action identification for inferior quality parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills are an asset, Fanuc, Heidenhain ITNC530, or Mazak control
knowledge is a must
- Ability to use all the available measuring tools such as micrometer, dial gauges, deep micrometer, vernier, measuring block, and height gauges
- Ability to create layouts, read and interpret blue prints and drawings
- Full understanding of geometric tolerances
- Ability to identify wear of cutting tools (inserts, drills, end mills, boring bars, etc.)
- Ability to change and set cutting tools
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and results focused
- Operating equipment
- Problem solving and good judgement
- Quality focused
- Safety compliant
- Technical skills
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience operating CNC Turning machines
- Certificate of Qualification as General Machinist or equivalent is an asset
- Additional upgrading courses involving CNC technology is an asset
- Aerospace experience preferred
***Only qualified candidates who meet all of our clients requirements will be contacted for
interview. Thank you and good luck with your search.