Marketing and Communications Specialist
Mississauga, ON · Marketing/Public Relations
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible
for assisting in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that are designed
to build and strengthen our brand and communication. The Marketing & Communications
Specialist will assist with the end-to-end development of multi- channel communication
channels both internally and externally. The role will require working collaboratively with
various internal and external stakeholders across the company, as well as supports the
adoption and engagement of the brand across the company to ensure brand and
communications standards are applied consistently.
- Develop and execute a communication plan for internal and external company
- Determine deliverables, timelines, and execution standards of social media
campaigns as part of the communication strategy as well as related documentation.
- Assist with the coordination and integration of social media efforts across multiple
business departments (marketing, sales, PR, etc.).
- Create incentives for employees to contribute to the discussion on the organization’s
social media channels.
- Oversee the social media command centre’s monitoring and response efforts, both
through the organization’s social media channels and other third-party social media
- Work alongside social media team to be able to post social media content, monitor
and track social media engagement and other social media channels including, but
not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Develop and take ownership of the production and integration of multimedia
applications and initiatives in the company.
- Build graphics, slides, audio, videos, and/or animation for corporate products, web
sites, intranets/extranets, training materials, and marketing collateral.
- Edit digital pictures, audio, video, and graphics in preparation for final production and
- Write content and create visuals for communications including email announcements,
internal newsletters, webinars, and presentations, to be delivered across a variety of
- Manage day to day communication around campaign updates, creative requests, and
- Curate information and distribute to member network (internal weekly newsletter,
media releases, government news, etc.).
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing and deploying multimedia portfolio.
- Assist with creating and managing public relations and media relations campaigns,including writing press releases, monitoring, and tracking media mentions.
- Create, implement, and oversee communications programs that effectively describes and promotes the organization and its products.
- Ensure that multimedia applications are properly catalogued, entered, and stored into company databases/content management system.
- An integral member of the engagement committee to ensure consistent communication
Skills and Qualifications
- Superior, effective, and professional communication skills (written, oral, and visual).
- Ability to question and propose alternatives for communications to be developed and
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- A high degree of organizational skill, interpersonal acumen and problem-solving
ability is required to provide oversight in balancing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review creative concepts and provide critical and on-brand feedback.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Excellent judgment with respect to handling of sensitive or controversial issues.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Manage own day-to-day workload well.
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing capacity with a specific focus on digital and print
campaign development and execution, copywriting & content management, and
social media management.
- Experience creating and managing social media campaigns, developing innovative
and persuasive content for communication and promotion utilizing various platforms
such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Diploma in Journalism, Communications, Digital Communications and/or Multimedia.
A Bachelor’s degree related to Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations is an
***Only qualified candidates who meet all of the requirements our client is looking for will be
contacted for interview. Thank you and good luck with your search.