Renton, WA · Manufacturing
The Quality Engineer is responsible for improving product quality, increasing process efficiency, and
reducing operating costs by reducing variation in the inputs to manufacturing. The Quality Engineer
will ensure customer satisfaction by improving products and processes through failure mode effects
analysis, as well as participate in internal process audits and being focal for both internal and external
corrective actions. The Quality Engineer will establish metrics to monitor the effectiveness of
processes and adjust as necessary.
- Active participation in company New Product Introduction (NPI) process – Act as the Quality
department’s focal in establishing and releasing new products to the manufacturing floor by
creating Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA),
and Control Plans.
- The Quality Engineer will work with Manufacturing and Engineering personnel to ensure a
smooth transition of the new product from the planning stage through the delivery of the
product to the customer.
- Support AS9100 requirements.
- Participate as the Quality focal for internal/external corrective actions resulting from non-
- Provide guidance to teams in performing immediate action activities, drilling down to a root
cause statement, and developing a robust action plan to implement effective and sustainable
- Perform process audits to assess compliance, capability, and effectiveness of various
manufacturing processes and specifications.
- Help to develop and maintain metrics that show the current condition of the processes and
help to improve the manufacturing process.
- Support the Quality team by providing clear, accurate information.
- Create Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s) as needed to allow for easier cross-training of
- Research and analyze specifications to make sound decisions based on customer/industry
- Review First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) to ensure completeness and compliance to the
- Participate in continuous improvement activities pertaining to customer feedback,
management, manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Strong and collaborative relationships with upper management, peers, and production team
- Direct, data-driven problem solving, searches for the root cause, and addresses issues
- Addresses conflict directly and work to resolve differences proactively
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing, quality assurance, quality control, and related
measurement methods and techniques
- Ability to specify, negotiate and document agreements related to supplier quality requirements
- Experience working with composites materials
- Experience working with PFMEA &amp; MSA tools and concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- One to three of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (data analysis, control charts, pivot tables,
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties,
or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- This is a full-time position operating Monday-Friday
- While performing typical duties of this job, production employees will experience the
conditions noted below.
- PPE is provided to protect employees against physical harm or hazards in the workplace
- Usually, work indoors.
- These sites may not be temperature-controlled.
- Exposure to loud sounds and distracting noise levels
- Exposure to hazardous equipment.
- Shared workspaces with other employees.
- Requires handing objects of up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting pushing, pulling and bending.
- Standing and/or walking for 8 to 12 or more hours per day (varies based on role, shift, and
***Only qualified candidates who meet all our clients requirements will be contacted for interview.
Thank you and good luck with your search.