Mississauga, ON · Manufacturing
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Director– Quality, the Engineer – Quality is responsible for driving strategic
quality initiatives while working directly with both internal and external customers. This
position will drive systemic quality improvement to our client. The Engineer –Quality
identifies opportunities and provides leadership to make quality a competitive advantage for
our client and its customers by participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives and
maintaining / creating indicators to monitor Quality Improvement process.
Responsibilities also include:
• Play a key role in customer audits, quality system audits, process product audits and
effective corrective action closure.
• Be a leader to identify and execute projects leading to process standardization and risk
management, using standard techniques and processes (e.g. SIPOC, PFMEA, etc.).
• Develops and maintains proactive quality requirements and quality focus attitude which
translates customer quality needs in continuous quality process improvements.
• Work closely with all functions to support Root Cause Analysis on internal/external issues,
and work cross functionally to facilitate containment/closure of non-conformances.
• Use software to track and monitor non-conformances data and participate in process
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient in the creation, review, and updating of quality process documents (inspection
procedures and work instructions) and other specific documents in compliance with
customer requirements quality standard AS 9100 and other statutory/regulatory
requirements related to the product.
• Experience in liaising with Customers on containment deployment and corrective actions.
• Able to perform Configuration control and reconciliation.
• Possesses knowledge and experience to review and approve production documentation
issued by Methods.
• Knowledge of statistical data analysis and problem solving methodologies.
• Superior ability to read and understand technical drawings – GD&T.
• Good decision-making skills and ability to interact with cross functional teams.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrate strong skills in leadership, initiative, as well as teamwork.
• Organized and able to work under pressure.
• Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule and follow up
on outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
• Excellent planning skills, problem solving ability.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and strong computer skills including MS
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project Manager, Access and Visio a
• 3-5 years of experience in aerospace / automotive quality control / quality assurance with
progressively increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated leadership role.
• Experience and knowledge regarding structure assembly process related to machined
aircraft components, sheet metal and aircraft assembly inspection requirements.
• Previous experience with Quality Management System AS 9100 Rev C requirements and
process / product audit.
• Previous MRB experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
• A strong quality background in aerospace industry, familiarity with aerospace parts and
assemblies, manufacturing (machining) and assembly processes.
• CPE/CQA certification with ASQ would be an asset.
***Only qualified candidates who meet all of the requirements our client is looking for will be
contacted for interview. Thank you and good luck with your search.