North York, ON · Manufacturing
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facility or
customers’ sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical
structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the
foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety
precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
· Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and
· Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered
saws to match measurements)
· Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
· Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
· Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions
(vertical, horizontal or overhead)
· Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
· Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
· Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
· Proven experience as welder
· Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, STICK)
· Experience in pressure vessel welding to 3000 psi
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-
shield, gloves etc.)
· Experience welding hydraulic cylinder rods
· Experience with alloy steels 1045 and 1026 and welding 4140 with pre-heat
· Proficient in English
· Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
· Professional Certification (e.g. a welding certificate) will be a plus
We thank all applications for showing an interest in this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls.
Thank you and Good Luck. Only candidates we feel are qualified will be contacted for